Extra ordinary leave and leave not due for TS Govt Employees (leave rules SR 16,18 and 23)
1) DDOS can grant Extraordinary leave when the employees has no other leaves,when the no other leave is admissible.
2) While on Extra ordinary leave the government servant is not entitled to any leave salary.
3) Permanent or regularised government servants in superior service can remain absent on any type of leave for five years.
4) Competent authority can regulate the period of absence as EOL.
5) If a Government servant is suffering from Tuberculosis and he is undergoing treatment for TB in recognised hospital,he is eligible to take Extra ordinary leave up to 12 months.
6) If a Government servant is suffering from Tuberculosis and he is undergoing treatment at his residence then he eligible to take extra ordinary leave up to 18 months.
7) If a Government servant is suffering from Cancer and he is undergoing treatment for Cancer in recognised hospital,he is eligible to take EOL up to 12 months.
8) If a Government servant for the purpose of prosecuting higher studies,for the sake of public interest, the employ can eligible to
take up to 24 twenty four months.
Extra ordinary Leave on medical certificate counts for increments.
1) Head of the Department is competent for sanction of increments the period of Extra ordinary leave on medical certificate up to 6 six months.
2) The Government is competent for sanction of increments for the period of Extra ordinary leave on medical certificate above six months.
Leave not due (leave rule 15(c),25(1,2) G.O.Ms.No 519,F&P dept.dt20-12-1979
1) DDO should grant leave not due when the half pay leave account has become nil.Leave not due should adjust the later accumulation half pay leave.
2) DDO should grant leave not due on producing the medical certificate only.
3) Leave not due should avail 180 days for entire service of government employees.
4) Temporary government employees are not eligible for sanction of leave not due.